About me

Gallery

Facebook

1 July 2012

Welcome Thermie!

Ok so you can see from how regularly I've been posting in the last 12 months that I don't often get the chance to make many cards these days.  I'm going to make a real effort to change that but in the meantime I thought I'd start sharing my other hobby...cooking and baking.

I've always loved to cook and at one stage I had every intention of throwing away the day job and heading back to school to become a pastry chef.  Well websites and communications are a far cry from puddings and icing but I still love to cook so thought I'd start sharing my favourite recipes here.

Another reason is I've got a new gadget, affectionately known as Thermie, to cook with and I LOVE IT!  Cooking was becoming a real pain in the butt. My passion had turned into a chore. Between working four days a week and hearing the constant 'I don't like that' from the little people whenever I tried anything with a sauce or flavour, I felt like throwing my hands up in the air, handing them box of nuggets and calling it a day! But what kind of mother would I be if I did that?? (A popular one with the little people I suspect!!)

Enter a new kitchen and my Thermomix (aka Thermie) and I love it!  Between that and the oven it does just about everything (except wash the dishes unfortunately). I've got a new rule with the kids...one dinner for everyone, don't like it there's the fruit bowl! I figure they won't starve and will at least try most things and hopefully over time learn that risotto will not kill them :-)

So I'll now be sharing any tried and tested recipes on here that can be used in a Thermomix or easily converted to use in a conventional oven or cooktop.  I  might even get the kids to share a 'kid friendly' rating, although probably best not to use that to determine the quality of the food ;-)

The recipes will be a mix of mine and those I've collected from around the place, off course when I know the origins I'll credit the original source.

thanks for stopping by
Kirst

No comments: